What is Buddhism and what does it teach us?
Every living being has the same basic wish – to be happy and to avoid suffering.
Buddhism is a divine way of finding peace within oneself. It is a religion that helps us to find the happiness and contentment we seek in this materialistic world.
10 Great Teachings of all Time – Buddhism Enlightenment!
1. “Three things cannot be hidden: the sun, the moon and the truth.”
2. “You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.”
3. “You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
4. “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”
5. “You only lose what you cling to.”
6. “Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
7. “Physical charms attract the eyes, goodness attracts the mind.”
8. “When you like a flower, you just pluck it. But when you love a flower, you water it daily.”
9. “A jug fills drop by drop.”
10. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.”