Did you know?
Compared to apples, bananas have twice the carbohydrates, three times the phosphorus, four times the protein, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals and are a rich source of potassium.
Bananas are not only delicious they are healthy too. Bananas like Apples are packed with essential vitamins and minerals to keep us fit and active throughout the day.
One serving of banana is considered being about 125 grams. One serving of banana contains about 110 calories, 30 grams of carbohydrate and 1 gram of protein. Bananas are naturally free of fat, cholesterol, and sodium.2
Nutritional value of Banana:
Vitamin B6 – .5 mg
Manganese – .3 mg
Vitamin C – 9 mg
Potassium – 450 mg
Dietary Fiber – 3gm
Protein – 1 gm
Magnesium – 34 mg
Folate – 25.0 mcg
Riboflavin – .1 mg
Niacin – .8 mg
Vitamin A – 81 IU
Iron – .3 mg
Health Benefits of Banana:
- Bananas help to keep depression at bay as they are rich in tryptophan, which turns into serotonin. Serotonin has the ability to improve your mood.
- Eating a banana or two before exercising will boost your energy levels and will facilitate perfect workout.
- As Bananas are rich in potassium and other vitamins and minerals they ease and prevent muscle cramps.
- Bananas also make our bones and teeth stronger as they are a rich source of Calcium.
- They’re also known to work great when it comes to menstrual cramps.
- Vitamin B content of Banana promotes white blood cell production and boost overall immunity.
- Studies have shown that Bananas also help lower your blood pressure and maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
- Bananas are a rich source of fiber and aids in digestion and are a proven remedy for constipation. It also neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach and helps to treat stomach ulcers.
- Bananas have been known to protect against kidney disease and macular degeneration.
- Bananas are high in iron and increase the production of hemoglobin in the blood which helps fighting Anemia.
- Due to high Potassium content Bananas help to fight fatigue and debility and boosts energy and overall alertness levels.
- Bananas possess antacid properties and can give instant relief from heartburn and acid reflux.
- Eating Bananas between meals helps to maintain your blood sugar levels from dipping.
- Planning to quit smoking? Make Banana a part of your diet as Bananas are loaded with vitamin B6, B12, potassium, and magnesium which help the body recover from nicotine withdrawal effects.
- As per studies Bananas can cut the risk of strokes by as much as 40%.
- Bananas contain a lot of antioxidants, including dopamine and catechins which lower risk of heart disease and degenerative diseases. Delphinidin is an antioxidant found in bananas that have anti-tumor and anti-cancer properties.
- As a good dietary source of potassium, bananas may be especially beneficial for maintaining healthy kidneys.