We all love babies!
All of us almost instinctively treat babies as special, love them and adore them, have you ever thought why?
The answer is simple, we humans are biologically programmed to do so. Their smell, their look, their sounds, their cries….all designed to make us respond to them.
Facts about Babies you would love to know
- The word “baby” may have come from a baby’s babbling, as in “ba-ba-ba”.
- A human baby has more bones than an adult.
- Newborn babies do not shed tears.
- Babies are always listening even before they’re born. Even a baby as young as two days old will recognize his mother’s voice.
- A newborn baby has about one cup blood in his body.
- Your baby’s brain will double in the first year of life. The brain of a one-year-old is half the size of an adult brain.
- Babies have three times as many taste buds as adults.
- During pregnancy, if the mother suffers organ damage, the baby in the womb sends stem cells to repair the damaged organ.
- Babies need more sleep because their brains can only utilize up to 50% of the total glucose supply.
- At birth, a baby’s eye is about 75% of the size of an adult eye.
- Babies cannot recognize themselves in a mirror until they are at least 18 months old.
- Babies are born with no bacteria in their bodies.
- Babies take more breaths than adults. Their normal breathing rate is in and around 40 times per minute.
- Babies don’t have kneecaps. All bones start off as cartilage, and they ossify over time.
- Babies are born with a well-developed sense of taste, but not for salt.