“How was your day?” -Fine, Good, Ok…That’s it!
We have been asking the same question for years now, to our children, when they come back from school or to our spouse when they return from work. and when asked this monotonous question you prefer to stay silent at times, keeping the person asking in blues.
Often when this question is asked, you prefer to stay silent at times, keeping the person asking in blues.
Upgrading your questions also helps to get more authentic responses from your loved ones.
New and smarter questions make a person feel better, especially if he had a challenging day at School or Work whereas the same old “How was your day?” fetches replies like, “Fine,” or “OK.”
Now, here are some questions you can ask your near and dear ones when they return to home.
Try to Ask these Questions Instead …
- Did you listen or did anything interesting today?
- Did someone appreciate you for your work today?
- Which was the best part of the day?
- Would you like to share something with me?
- Want me to remind something important to you tomorrow?
- Sit back and relax; what should I bring for you?
- What would you like to have something to eat or drink?
- Did something funny happen today?
- What was new at your Workplace/ School?
- What made you laugh today?