Plant Aloe Vera at your Home
Aloe Vera is not a difficult plant to care for and can be grown in pots. Yes, it does grow faster outdoors during warmer months, but protect it from harsh sunlight.
When it comes to watering, due to its succulent nature over-watering can harm this plant so be careful and use a pot with efficient drainage. A sandy soil is perfect for this plant to thrive well.
In summers, if you notice the leaves are turning grayish – brown, the plant should be taken to a place with less direct sunshine.
If the plant is growing very slowly, check if you are over watering it and if that’s not the case, maybe the plants need a bigger pot and a few organic fertilizers.
If you decide to plant Aloe Vera at your home, you would also get a chance to reap its numerous health benefits that I have mentioned below.
To make homemade Aloe Vera Gel remove a mature leaf from the plant and cut it. Squeeze the gel out of the leaf and collect in a container. Your homemade Aloe Vera Gel is ready! You can even refrigerate it and use it within 3-5 days for best results.
Now, as I have mentioned above, I would love to share with you the numerous health benefits of Aloe Vera (Gel)
- Aloe Vera gel is full of antioxidants, which are natural immune enhancers that help combat free radicals in the body. Mix a Tablespoon of Aloe Vera Gel in a glass of water and drink it twice or thrice a week in the morning – empty stomach to enhance and build a strong immune system.
- Use Aloe Vera to sanitize and hydrate your skin. Aloe Vera is found in many skin care products and has the ability to protect, heal and nourish the skin. Apply Aloe Vera gel to your body and face to get a glowing and flawless-looking skin.
- Apply Aloe Vera on the skin to treat sunburns, rashes and minor burns. It also heals cuts and wounds and insect bites when applied externally.
- Drinking Aloe Vera juice helps in detoxification of the body and the digestive system. (Refer point 1)
- Aloe Vera gel is very good for oral health. If you suffer from any gum disease, just gently massage your gums with fresh Aloe Vera gel for desired relief.
- Aloe Vera (gel) contains many essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and healthy plant enzymes making it a perfect choice for fitness lover.
- Aloe Vera contains proteolytic enzymes which repair dead skin cells on the scalp. It also acts as a great conditioner and leaves your hair all smooth and shiny.
- It is an energy drink which replenishes the body with all the deficient vitamins and minerals.
- Taking Aloe Vera juice for two- three weeks can help reduce inflammation in the body like rheumatism, and arthritis.
- Due to its laxative properties, it is also good for constipation.
- Aloe is great for maintaining the cholesterol level by reducing triglycerides. By reducing lipid levels and helping burn fat, Aloe Vera juice is useful for weight loss.
- It contains a high level of anticarcinogenic properties that hinder the growth of tumors.
- Drinking aloe vera juice regularly replenishes the amino acid deficiency in your body.
- If you suffer from cold, coughs, stuffy nose, bronchitis, and other respiratory disorders, Aloe Vera juice is the best natural solution.
- Applying Aloe Vera gel in affected area also helps in getting rid of stretch marks.
- Its antimicrobial property helps kill the bacteria causing acne and reduces the acne marks.
So what are waiting for?
Plant Aloe Vera in your home or your garden and reap its magnificent health benefits.