Interesting Beer facts!
Beer is an alcoholic drink that is prepared using barley, hops, water, and yeast. It is one of the most popular alcoholic beverages, which is enjoyed by people all over the world.
Beer is majorly made using 4 ingredients- barley, hops, water, and yeast.
The general process of producing beer goes through several stages before it reaches the end consumer like Malting (soaking of grains), Milling (grains are crushed so they’ll absorb the water needed to extract their sugars), Mashing (Addition of more water), Boiling, Fermentation, Filtration and so on.
We generally consider all alcoholic beverages to be bad for our health. But you will be surprised to know that drinking Beer offers some health benefits too.
The health benefits of beer include anti-cancer properties, a reduced risk of cardiovascular diseases, increased bone density, the prevention of dementia and coronary disease, aid to the digestive system, anti-aging properties, as well as treating diabetes, gallstones, kidney stones, osteoporosis, and hypertension. It also acts as a serious stress buster and a diuretic.
Now, which are these health benefits?
Health Benefits Of Drinking Beer
- Flavonoids and antioxidants present in possess anti-cancer properties.
- Beer keeps your kidneys healthy. Studies have found that each bottle of beer you drink reduces the risk of developing kidney stones by 40%.
- Beer, especially dark beer, contains lots of soluble fiber which is good for digestive health.
- The fiber in beer also helps reduce your levels of LDL (Bad) cholesterol.
- Beer contains several B vitamins (B1, B2, B6 and B12). B6, present in Beer protects against heart diseases by preventing the build-up of a compound called homocysteine.
- Moderate intake is shown to increase bone density, thereby preventing the risk of fractures and osteoporosis.
- Moderate alcohol consumption can reduce stress and anxiety, known contributors to heart disease.
- Beer reduces your risk of a heart attack Beer drinkers have a 40 to 60 percent reduced risk of suffering a heart attack compared with non-beer drinkers.
- Beer helps prevent blood clots. Multiple studies have shown up to a 50% reduction in the risk of strokes in moderate alcohol drinkers.
- Beer boosts your memory According to studies, beer drinkers are less likely to suffer from Alzheimer’s disease and dementia than non-beer drinkers.
- Warm Beer; yes warm Beer improves blood circulation and helps you breathe when you feel congested. It also provides relief for joint pain and boosts your immunity.
- Flat Beer is a great conditioner. Rinse your hair with a bottle of flat beer to get rid of dandruff and make your hair shine.
- Beer drinkers have been found to have lower blood pressure.
- Moderate consumption of Beer decreases bile concentration, leading to a reduced risk of developing gallstones
- Drinking beer, in moderation can raise high-density lipoprotein or HDL, known as good cholesterol.
Enjoy a nice refreshing beer sometimes and remember moderate drinking is the key to reap its health benefits. Remember excess intake can be harmful.