Is Black Tea a Health Stimulant?
Tea is one of the most loved beverages in the world. Recognized as an effective stimulant, Black Tea is also known for its amazing health benefits due to the antioxidant properties it possesses.
Amazing Health Benefits of Drinking Black Tea
- Rich in antioxidants known as polyphenols, Black Tea is known to reverse the abnormal functioning of blood vessels, which may lead to strokes and other cardiovascular conditions. Regular consumption of black tea can help repair coronary artery dysfunctions in many heart patients.
- The anti-inflammatory quality of black tea is also helpful for curing digestive disorders. It has a healing effect on intestinal disorders due to the presence of tannins. It is advisable for all diarrhea patients to consume Black Tea.
- Black tea is extremely beneficial for asthmatic patients, as it expands the air passage, thereby allowing patients to breathe more easily.
- People who consume black tea can reduce their bad cholesterol levels, which are responsible for Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis) leading to heart strokes and fatal attacks.
- Drinking Black Tea can help women in preventing cancerous growth in the breasts. It has been found that women who drink black tea regularly have a lower chance of ovarian cancer than their counterparts.
- Black tea reduces plaque formation as well as restricts bacteria growth that promotes the formation of cavities and tooth decays.
- Black tea contains polyphenols, which are also antioxidants that help block DNA damage associated with tobacco and toxic chemicals.
- Amino acid L-theanine found in black tea can help you relax and concentrate better. Black tea has also been shown to reduce levels of the stress hormone cortisol when consumed in moderate amounts on a regular basis.
- Tea drinkers have stronger bones and lower probability of developing arthritis due to the phytochemicals found in tea.
- Black tea contains alkyl amine antigens that help boost our immune response.
- The antioxidants present in black tea remove these harmful free radicals, thus protecting the body from diseases such as Alzheimer’s and heart diseases.
- Black Tea enhances blood flow to the brain without overstimulating the heart. It also stimulates the metabolism and respiratory system, as well as the heart and the kidneys.
- Black tea contains fluoride which fights bad breath and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Black tea contains a compound called TF-2 that is responsible for the programmed death of cancer cells, while the normal cells remain unaffected.
- Black tea is effective in decreasing the level of triglycerides. It can reduce the LDL or bad cholesterol, thus reducing the risk of heart disease.
Though over-indulging in anything is not good, having 2-3 cups of black tea can help you to reap its numerous health benefits.