Rose water is indubitably a beauty potion for your skin no matter if it’s dry or oily. People with normal skin type can also get benefitted from using Rosewater and boast of healthy and glowing skin.
Rose water, which is a mix of two simple ingredients – Roses + Water smells awesome and has many anti-inflammatory benefits.
Rose water is one of the most amazing liquid potions that you can include in your skin care routine.
Here are the amazing uses of rose water you would love to know about.
- Apply Rose water on your face to help your skin maintain its pH balance.
- Apply Rose water to control excess oil; especially helpful for people who have oily skin.
- Rose water soothes and cools the skin. Apply on your face before going to bed and see the magic happen as it will not only give a cooling effect but will also hydrate your skin.
- Apply Rose water daily on your face and body after bath to fight body odor and to get benefit from its anti-bacterial properties. Due to its antibacterial properties, rose water also aids in healing scars, cuts, and wounds.
- The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
- Apply Rose water to rejuvenate aging skin and keeps fine lines and wrinkles away.
- It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores.
- The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer and promotes emotional well-being.
- Rose water works wonders as a natural conditioner and revitalizes hair growth.
- If you have tired, sore and inflamed eyes–put few drops of water in your eyes with a dropper and get instant relief.
- Rose water possesses astringent properties that help tighten the pores and gently tone the skin.
- Mix Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti) and Rose water and apply to your face as a face mask and wash it after 15-20 minutes. This helps in cleanse pores, control excess oil and prevent acne and gives you a radiant look.
- Tried and tested, Rose water is the best makeup remover that cleans your skin and at the same time hydrates it.
- Add 1 tbsp gram flour and mix it with rose water plus and curd and make a smooth paste. Apply for 15 minutes to get a fairer look.
- You can also consume Rose water internally – 7 reasons to drink rose water.
How to make Rosewater
All you need is rose petals and distilled water.
- Place Rose petals in a large pot of distilled water.
- Add a glass of water to cover the pot.
- Simmer on a low flame. The water should be steaming hot not boiling hot.
- Allow the water to steam until the petals have lost their color and the water has taken on the color of the rose petals.
- Strain the water and collect in a container. Store it in a refrigerator. It will last longer this way.
Fill an empty spray bottle with rose water and apply in morning and at night before you go to bed to give your face and skin a fresh feel and radiant look.