Remain Fit in any Weather
You must have noticed that as and when the weather changes you get sick or catch some kind of an infection. Now the question arises how to keep yourself healthy and fit throughout the year and keep infections and diseases at bay?
Stay Healthy Throughout the Year!
If your goal is to remain healthy throughout the year in any weather; follow these simple yet powerful tips which will act as a shield for your body and guard you against infections and diseases.
- If you’re a smoker, quit. It’s the single best thing you can do for your heart health.
- Staying active can reduce your risk of developing disease to a great extent.
- Stop taking Stress; it can be your health’s greatest enemy. Stress raises cortisol levels in our bodies, which then invite numerous diseases.
- If you are not the one who likes visiting a Gym, dancing and aerobics can boost your overall health. You don’t need to be a stage performer. Close the door put the music on and dance or do aerobics on the beats–just 15 Minutes will keep your body flexible and boost your overall health immensely. If you are not a music junkie, Cycling is yet another excellent option to boost your fitness levels.
- Maintain your weight –obese people face more health disorders than ones who have normal weight. Eat only when you are hungry—not out of boredom, stress or loneliness.
- Take a healthy diet and include lots of fiber in your diet. This will not only help in maintaining your health throughout the year but will also normalize your bowel movements, keep your cholesterol and blood sugar levels in check and will help in maintaining your weight. Beans, Wholegrain and cereals & Pulses, Brown or whole grain rice, Nuts are some good options to try.
- Keep a watch on fat and sugar, instead take plenty of fruits and vegetables, combined with regular physical activity. If you are a non-vegetarian choose Fish or Chicken over Meat.
- Replace a cup or two of your Coffee or Tea and try to replace it with Green Tea. It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body. This includes improved brain function, fat loss, a lower risk of cancer and many other incredible health benefits.
- Cut down on saturated fat. Eating too many foods that are high in saturated fat can raise the level of cholesterol in your blood. This increases your risk of heart and other diseases.
- Cut down on salt to maintain blood pressure and heart health. Adults should not intake more salt than one teaspoon of salt daily.
- Eat fish at least twice a week, Fish such as mackerel, sardines, and salmon are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and other essential vitamins and minerals, which can help protect against disease.
- If you drink alcohol, moderation is the key to reducing the risk of serious problems associated with its consumption.
- Never skip meals. 3 healthy meals a day is a must remain fit; include fruits, green vegetables, eggs and dairy products in your diet.
- Drink plenty of fluids before, during, and after any exercise or Physical activity. People tend to drink less water in winters; don’t do this mistake drink plenty of water throughout the year.
- Boost your immunity throughout the year by adding a quality multivitamin.
- Include Herbs while you cook as they offer numerous health benefits and fight infections and diseases. Peppers, Ginger, Cinnamon, Turmeric, parsley – ingredients for the dishes you cook to stay healthy.
- Brush thrice a day and floss regularly and get the slime off of your tongue as this is the best hiding and resting place for infection and disease-causing bacteria’s.
- Maintain hygiene -Wash your hands with soap and water regularly. Keep your home and surrounding clean and don’t share razors, towels, or makeup with other people.
- Try to eat a raw garlic empty stomach every morning or include it your food and whatever you cook as much as possible. It is amongst one of the earth’s greatest health tonic. It has anti-bacterial properties and is a natural antibiotic. It contains many sulfur compounds which detoxify the body, boost the immune system, lower blood pressure and improve circulation. It has also demonstrated anti-cancer, antibacterial, anti-fungal and antioxidant effects.
- Drink Turmeric Milk twice a week before going to bed to keep infections and diseases out of your life. The recipe is simple, add 1/2 a teaspoon of Turmeric in a glass of milk, boil it till it reduces to half and drink it before you go to bed to get the advantage of its magical and powerful health benefits.
Follow these simple tips throughout the year to stay healthy in any weather.