The Ultimate Heart Healer – Arjuna
Terminalia Arjuna has remarkable cardioprotective properties. This bark of this magnificent tree is rich in saponins, natural antioxidants, and minerals including calcium, magnesium, zinc, and copper.
The myriad health benefits of Arjuna Tree (Bark)
- Terminalia Arjuna improves the pumping activity of the heart and improves cardiac muscle strength.
- Arjuna is a very effective remedy for heart weakness and congestive heart failure.
- It decreases in LDL (Bad) cholesterol levels.
- Arjuna bark is rich in Co-enzyme Q-10 which prevents the incidence of heart attacks.
- Arjuna also has a tonic and diuretic effects that benefit cirrhosis of the liver.
- It induces a drug-dependent decrease in blood pressure and heart rate.
- The bark of Arjuna is useful in ischemic heart disease, especially in disturbed cardiac rhythm, angina or myocardial infarction.
- Arjuna helps maintain a healthy heart and reduces the effects of stress and nervousness.
- Arjuna can relieve symptomatic complaints of essential hypertension such as giddiness, insomnia, headache and the inability to concentrate.
- Consuming Arjuna bark powder/ capsule or tea has been found to be to be effective against the symptoms of asthma and can even cure the individual of this medical problem.
- Make a paste from the Arjuna bark along with some honey and apply this paste on the acne prone area. The astringent property of the Arjuna herb is known to treat acne effectively.
- The Arjuna herb is known to break the kidney stones that may have formed into small pieces and then eventually flush them out via urine.
- On account of the benefits of the Arjuna herb against heart disease, it is also recommended to be consumed by smokers.
- Terminalia Arjuna uses is that it acts as a cardiac stimulant and thereby has a tonic and cooling effect. Thus the Arjuna herb is used in reducing the body temperature during a fever.
- The Arjuna herb is also used in home treatments to arrest any bleeding or secretions. This is because the Arjuna herb accelerates clotting and thereby promotes quick healing of the wound.
- Arjuna tea is also used as a natural treatment for dysentery and diarrhea.
- Ancient Indian physicians used the powdered tree bark of Terminalia Arjuna for treating angina and other cardiovascular conditions.
- A substance in Arjuna herb, casuarinin, inhibits breast cancer cell growth in laboratory studies.
- Arjuna has compounds that protect against DNA damage from toxins.
- Arjuna is helpful in conditions like atherosclerosis (artery blockages.)
- Terminalia Arjuna protects mouse hearts against sodium fluoride-induced oxidative stress.
- Arjuna encourages healthy muscular contractions of the heart and healthy arterial blood flow.
- Arjuna supports the muscle tone of the heart, therefore supporting healthy blood flow through the heart.
- Arjuna also promotes a stronger contraction of the heart muscle, allowing the heart to function efficiently.
- Arjuna supports healthy arterial function; it facilitates expansion and contraction of arteries normally and is especially good for smokers.
- Arjuna may support relief from occasional chest discomfort.
- The bark of the tree when mixed with honey is said to strengthen bones and relieve fractures quickly.
Take Tablet/ capsule/powder 500 mg once or twice a day or after meals. Arjuna may also interfere with certain prescription medications; hence, it is very important to talk to a doctor before you consume it. Do not consume more than advised as extremely high doses of this herb may reduce the activity levels of the thyroid gland.